As students head back to school and summer vacations come to an end, it's important to make sure your oral health care routine is firmly in place. Brushing, flossing, and gum care should be daily habits. Below, we have outlined a checklist to make sure you are doing everything necessary to maintain a healthy smile:
- I brushed my teeth for 2 minutes this morning.
- I brushed my teeth for 2 minutes this evening.
- I brushed my tongue and gums today.
- My toothpaste contains fluoride.
- I flossed at least once today – between all of my teeth!
- I ate a healthy diet today.
- I drank water after eating anything with processed sugar.
- I have been to the dentist within the last 6 months.
- I have my next dental cleaning scheduled and in the calendar.